He can be a huge goof.
He always looks GREAT in a tux.
And, he's a talented musician.
Another trait you may not know about him, he's selfless. His birthday is one of my favorite days because it is one of the very few times that he will actually allow people to show their gratitude for him. When I asked him what he wanted to do, he didn't want some big party or to go out to an expensive restaurant (which is what I usually ask for). He wanted to have the youth group over for grilling and for a bonfire. I love his heart. I love that even in his off time, he wants to be ministering to those kids. And, they love him just as much, which is not always the way relationships go with youth pastors and their kids.
Now you have a better idea of who that guy is that's always with me. If you get a chance to see him, tell him Happy Birthday!
Here he is with some of his youth on a road trip this summer.
I hit jackpot with this guy.





You did! He is pretty darn great :)
ReplyDelete