Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cricket. (That would be me acknowledging that this blog has been so silent that you can hear crickets.) So allow me to update you just a bit on life.

If it hasn't been glaringly clear, I have always been a planner. It's something that I enjoy, knowing what's going to happen and when (hear the ridiculousness yet?). If you were talk to me three months ago, I could have told you my schedule of life. Anything from when my student loans would be paid off to when I would be having children. It's always been my thing, to plan ahead and figure out what I think should happen and when. Did you catch that? What I think should happen.

But, then life turned upside down. In a really humbling, messy way. Suddenly, all plans are gone. My day planner/year forecaster doesn't have backup plans. I don't know my time table on anything. I can't take confidence in knowing what's going to happen. Even typing this now, I know how absurd it sounds. You have been a Christian for over ten years now, you SHOULD know that this isn't how it works. There is no point in trusting in anything besides the Lord because nothing else is steadfast.


 But, apparently I haven't grasped that yet. I trust that this difficult time will be used for good, but I hope that it's over soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I missed this when it was originally posted. So this late, but I have to say: hear, hear!

    ReplyDelete